Get back to your active lifestyle - FASTTM
If you've been experiencing pain in your elbow, knee, ankle, foot or shoulder for at least six weeks that has not responded to medication or rest, you may be a candidate for the innovative, minimally invasive procedure know as FASTTM (Focused Aspiration of Soft Tissue). This FDA-approved advanced technology, specifically designed to address tendon pain often caused by trauma or repetitive motion, was developed in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic.
While open surgical procedures can be done to address tendon pain, the FASTTM procedure reduces and/or eliminates the potential side effects and offers:
- Minimally invasive treatment -- just a tiny incision
- Performed in an outpatient setting - at facilities throughout the St. Louis region
- Local anesthetic - you will be fully awake
- No damage to surrounding muscle and tissue - removes only scarred / damaged tissue
- No stitches required - only a bandage
- Quick procedure time - about 15-20 minutes
- Rapid recovery time - approx 2 weeks to perform weight-bearing exercise; return to normal activities in 1-2 months vs. up to a year with other methods
To get scheduled with one of the STLSurgeons specialists who are specially trained to perform the FASTTM procedure,
Make an Appointment now. Only the specialist can determine if the FASTTM procedure is appropriate for your tendon pain.